Psychology Mushroom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A web place to discuss and actually brainstorm online about our exams!!! Here we can exchange ideas about studying materials and where to focus. Basically we will help each other study.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Language, Memory & Thought Psycho Exams

+5
sonoula
Oana
sdjordjevic
doc_psy
batiteo
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Language, Memory & Thought Psycho Exams Empty Language, Memory & Thought Psycho Exams Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:40 am

batiteo

batiteo
Admin

The topic has to do with cognitive psychology.
We can discuss possible questions,answers and generally brainstorm.
However, i want to remind you that this is not an official page by the university,the college, or the lecturers. So what we are discussing is not a fact and should not be taken for granted. It has to do with the process of brainstorming, communicating, bringing together ideas and knowledge

http://psycho.snob.tv

2Language, Memory & Thought Psycho Exams Empty LMT Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:15 am

doc_psy

doc_psy

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=12&ved=0CBYQFjABOAo&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpubpages.unh.edu%2F~wad%2FHTMA%2FHTMA10&rct=j&q=language+memory+and+thought&ei=NIcOTIrBAqKdOLiT1KUN&usg=AFQjCNEvD5aZpSVfm0TRqBM7MGnQh20Q-A&sig2=hio6TjmdHmaTFlYlOvpIiQ

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=17&ved=0CC0QFjAGOAo&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpapafragou.psych.udel.edu%2Fpapers%2FLanguage%2520and%2520Thought-Atkinson%26Hilgard.pdf&rct=j&q=language+memory+and+thought&ei=NIcOTIrBAqKdOLiT1KUN&usg=AFQjCNErmDj4aF_0DDwcd-nnxECGke64VA&sig2=o3fihIiTjbnr6JWPi9ucyg

sdjordjevic

sdjordjevic

I will study questions number 1,4,6,9,10,11.

Hope that is enough.

Oana

Oana

I guess that for some of the questions such as "Explain what phonemic restoration is" we would not have to write an essay ('coz actually we don t have so much info), rather 20-25 lines. Language, Memory & Thought Psycho Exams Icon_surprised

sonoula

sonoula

Can you tell me which questions refer to the second book? thank's. bounce sunny sunny sunny

Oana

Oana

Questions 6, 10 and 11. Language, Memory & Thought Psycho Exams Star3

batiteo

batiteo
Admin

i do not for the other group but in ours she was struggling to teach us the problem solving and the judgment+decision chapters... i remember that we were talking and talking about these things but there is only one question in problem solving and one in decision making. so i consider them S.O.S for the exams or a combination of those two.....

sanja are you some kind of mentalist????Razz i swear i circled the same questions as important-to-know when i started reading them:affraid: affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid!!!!haha !!
good job!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

roubina

Could you please tell me if this "set effect " is only a half page story? from the second book

Last edited by roubina on Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pls tell me the pages of implicit-explicit memory)

sonoula

sonoula

does anyone of you have the book 6th edition? if yes can you tell me which are tha pages for semantic and episodic? because it starts from 256- until???

10Language, Memory & Thought Psycho Exams Empty Re: Language, Memory & Thought Psycho Exams Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:47 am

roubina

who r u Sonoula?
I have the sixth edition. I am afraid I am confused

I think we have to select some parts

11Language, Memory & Thought Psycho Exams Empty Re: Language, Memory & Thought Psycho Exams Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:54 am

sonoula

sonoula

i am so confused because i have searched in google books for the book and it has there the 5th edition that is complete different from mine..and the pages and the content.. I am Sonia Roubi..

12Language, Memory & Thought Psycho Exams Empty Re: Language, Memory & Thought Psycho Exams Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:55 am

sonoula

sonoula

I guess that implicit and explicit is written as declarative and non-declarative.. do you agree Roubi?

roubina

Sonia I met Savvidou b4 exams in one of these lectures and I asked her about that.
So I told her that I found declarative and non declarative and the story with the hipoocampus and she said "yes but there are some more" what more I cannot find it.
Also I told her that I found evidence from amnestic patients. What else they want. I am fed up!
Life is too precious to kill it this way drunken

Last edited by roubina on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Smthing else. Maria told me that implicit learning is in implicit memory as well)

andre

andre

Roubi, personally I have chosen to focus only on this half of the page at "set effects"....so I think it will be fine if you will focus on this, and just in case that you want to add some extra information search on the internet about these terms...even on Ebsco...I don't know what to tell you exactly Smile Language, Memory & Thought Psycho Exams Icon_albino
Regarding you, Sonia, I don;t know exactly what do you mean by saying 6th edition....do you mean the last edition....
If it;s the textbook from the library, the last recent edition includes "semantic and episodic memory " at page 233. Language, Memory & Thought Psycho Exams Icon_flower

15Language, Memory & Thought Psycho Exams Empty LMT Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:10 am

doc_psy

doc_psy

Guys relax. look if you are sick and tired of reading if you can over 2 out of the 3 elements of LMT then you'd be fine. at least that's what i'll do.

here are the question in case someone does not have them.

1. Define experimental cognitive psychology and the limitations.

2. Discuss the difference between episodic and semantic.

3. Discuss how studies on explicit and implicit memory are important to understand amnesia.

4. Discuss the main differences between explicit and implicit.

5. Compare and contrast retrograde and anterograde amnesia.

6. Explain what the set effects are in problem solving.

7. Explain the reasons why you would prefer your heart surgery to be performed by an experienced cardiologist.

8. Explain the evidence about short-term memory and long-term memory.

9. Discuss the factors affecting our decisions.

10. Explain how children develop language.

11. Explain what phonemic restoration is.

Oana

Oana

There are 5 questions about memory, 3 about
thinking and 2 about language, 1 from the introductory chapter.
-From
the memory questions 2 of them focus on explicit & implicit memory-
this means something Language, Memory & Thought Psycho Exams Icon_wink .
-Regarding
the language questions personally i doubt she will put question 10 "Explain
how children develop language". It is a subject already covered by
previous modules.
- Regarding the questions about thinking , only 2 are to
be answered since question 7 with the cardiologist it s from another
movie Language, Memory & Thought Psycho Exams Icon_biggrin

However, I think we don't have to stress now thinking how to
write 5 pages essay for each of them. Some may be answered very good in 2
pages some in 1.
Language, Memory & Thought Psycho Exams Icon_cherry

sonoula

sonoula

Andre.. me and some others bought the book from papasothriou so we have the latest edition, but she gave us the pages regarding the 5th that she had and now 6th ed is completely different from the previous. At this page that you mention my book has theories of forgetting.. it is not that some photos are not the same, but the content as well. For example there is no explicit and implicit memory but declarative.. Also they are not all together but split to the whole book. Pff...

batiteo

batiteo
Admin

Oana wrote:There are 5 questions about memory, 3 about
thinking and 2 about language, 1 from the introductory chapter.
-From
the memory questions 2 of them focus on explicit & implicit memory-
this means something Language, Memory & Thought Psycho Exams Icon_wink .
-Regarding
the language questions personally i doubt she will put question 10 "Explain
how children develop language". It is a subject already covered by
previous modules.
- Regarding the questions about thinking , only 2 are to
be answered since question 7 with the cardiologist it s from another
movie Language, Memory & Thought Psycho Exams Icon_biggrin

However, I think we don't have to stress now thinking how to
write 5 pages essay for each of them. Some may be answered very good in 2
pages some in 1.
Language, Memory & Thought Psycho Exams Icon_cherry

AGREEEEEEE!!!!!!!

sonia i have the Fourth edition and the implicit memory is at page 187 i hope it helps...

sonoula

sonoula

lol! haha teo! ok i quit.. hahaha. just read the most important and that's it.

Oana

Oana

Guys, completely out of the subject of LM & T exam, I want to ask you something.

As you may all know, Kalyva proposed us to make an after exams party on the boat. If you all agree to do it Friday , on the boat, let us know.
(We thought Friday, because
after exams some of us will leave Thess)
. Me , Andre and Lilly, we will go Monday to book it.

If you agree with the day and the place let us know. Also, if you want to propose something else go ahead. The idea is to decide on time, because we'll have to invite also the teachers. For example Kelpi said that she would love to come also, but just to let her know about the party some days before , so she could come.
Waiting for your answers.
Language, Memory & Thought Psycho Exams Star3
Language, Memory & Thought Psycho Exams Icon_smile

sonoula

sonoula

The day and the place are perfect. I agree and im in. Very Happy

sdjordjevic

sdjordjevic

Yes, I think that is good idea too.

Are you going to call Gaitanou? :p

And about set effects, I believe that half of the page is enough. You can find info about it in our Introduction to Psy book as well, but it says exactly the same thing.

sonoula

sonoula

Hey guys i would like to share something with you. Apart from past exams 2009 i have also past exams from 2008, i have printed them last year for the next. Also a classmate that gave me first the questions before savvidou, had noted in each question the year that these questions were on the exams. So i cocluded to the following:

- Semantic and Episodic: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009. This
means something, i guess.

-2006, 2008:
1)Children language aquisition,
2)experimental cognitive psychology(1st question). 3)Working memory.
4)Semantic and episodic. (only for working memory i don't know if it was on 2008).

-2007, 2009):
1)Phonemic restoration,
2)set effects in problem solving,
3)decision making,
4)semantic and episodic.

I don't know if this means somethnig, but i can see that she repeats her questions again and again. So maybe this year will be again the questions from 2006-8. But these are just guesses. I just wanted to share it with you.

Hope it helps someway. Very Happy Wink

24Language, Memory & Thought Psycho Exams Empty Boat Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:02 pm

doc_psy

doc_psy

I am in for the boat trip. i think it'll be awesome. and we have to make sure al teachers come regardless if some ppl dislike a particular teachaer or whatever. it's the end and we should make it fun.

25Language, Memory & Thought Psycho Exams Empty Re: Language, Memory & Thought Psycho Exams Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:14 pm

Lilly

It helps indeed sonia!!!!thank you very much!it is quite known for Savvidou that she repeats her exam questions!so semantic&episodic are sos, however this year she could put explicit&implicit since she included 2 questions about this..so we better study both of them!phonemic restoration seems quite important also -she put a lot of emphasis on this in class- and it is better written in our main textbook (p.346 for 5th ed-reading and speech perception)than in the other book!
good luuuuuck! 4 days left hooray clown

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next